Pork chops are cooked in a tangy apple juice sauce, which is then thickened into an irresistible gravy.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds boneless pork chops
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup milk
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in apple juice and lemon juice. Mix in garlic, mustard, and honey. Season with parsley, celery seed, and pepper. Cook and stir until thoroughly blended.
Place pork chops in the skillet, coating them with the apple juice mixture. Cook 20 minutes, or to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Remove chops from heat, and set aside.
In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the milk and flour. Stir into the skillet, blending with the remaining apple juice mixture. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Serve over the pork chops.