Everyone at my house likes this at Thanksgiving. You can add any spices you want to the sweet potato like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger etc. The topping is nice and crunchy.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9 inch square baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, 2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter, milk, salt and vanilla until well blended. Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish.
In a separate bowl, stir together the light brown sugar, pecans and flour. Stir in remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons of butter to make the crumb topping. Spread topping over the sweet potatoes.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until topping is browned and crispy.