A hearty soup of sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, celery, tomatoes, onions and garlic.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots, sliced thin
- 6 ounces green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
Heat oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, celery, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, with the juice, broth, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans and garlic. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.