This sweet potato pie is made very creamy with evaporated milk and gets a bit of a kick with rum. Along with sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs and butter, all the ingredients are put into a food processor and blended until very smooth. Then the filling
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 3/8 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Into food processor, put sweet potatoes, evaporated milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, rum, eggs and butter or margarine. Blend until smooth. Pour into pie shell.
Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Bake for about 50 minutes more, or until the filling is firm.