This is a down home fresh sweet potato pie. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, eggs, evaporated milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Pour into the pie crust.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with whipped topping or serve warm with vanilla ice cream.