This sweet potato pie has a rich texture and delicate blend of spices. This southern delicacy is easy enough for beginners to make.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, unbaked
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large mixing bowl, beat hot sweet potatoes with butter until smooth. Add remaining ingredients except pie shell; mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Garnish as desired.
For best results use fresh sweet potatoes.