Sweet potatoes, spices and apples are baked with a sweet pecan crumb topping.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large cooking apples - peeled, cored and cut into 1/4 inch rings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 25 minutes, or until tender but firm. Drain, cool and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Layer sweet potatoes, brown sugar mixture and apples in the prepared baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, butter and pecans. Sprinkle over the sweet potatoes.
Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.