Serve this autumn soup as an appetizer before a holiday meal, or as a light dinner with crusty rolls.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups diced, peeled sweet potatoes
- 3 pears, peeled and diced
- 1 (11.5 fl oz) can Pear KERNS® from LIBBY'S® All Nectar
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cinnamon stick
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Add potatoes, pears, nectar, broth and cinnamon stick; cook until mixture comes to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove cinnamon stick.
PUREE soup in several batches until smooth; return to saucepan. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.