Crushed pineapple and spices are added to mashed candied sweet potatoes in this casserole which is baked with a miniature marshmallow topping.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (29 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 15 large marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes until smooth. Add the pineapple, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; mix well.
Pour into one 9x13 inch baking dish and top with marshmallows. Bake for 20 minutes or until marshmallows are golden.