Cream cheese and apples add a different twist to the turkey sandwich.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soft cream cheese with honey and nuts
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 12 ounces thinly sliced smoked turkey breast
TOSS apple slices with lemon juice; drain.
SPREAD cream cheese evenly on 1 side of each bread slice; top 4 slices evenly with apple slices and turkey.
TOP with remaining bread slices, cream cheese side down.
Reprinted with permission of Southern Living® magazine. All rights reserved.