Raisin bread, orange juice, rosemary and fresh cranberries are used in this stuffing for a 12 to 14 pound turkey.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups cranberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon dried sage
- 12 slices raisin bread, cut into 1/2 cubes and toaste
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Cook onion in butter or margarine over low heat until soft. Add cranberries, brown sugar, rosemary and sage, orange juice, salt and pepper to taste. Mix gently but thoroughly.
If baking stuffing separately, spoon into buttered 3 or 4 quart casserole, drizzle with broth, dot with butter. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes.