This sensational slaw is a mix of vanilla, ginger, red pepper and black pepper which adds sweet-heat to the crisp, crunch you love about traditional coleslaw. It goes great with Hot Tempered Baby Back Ribs with Sweet Guava Glaze.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 head Napa or Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Red Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix cabbage and broccoli slaw mix in a large bowl. Set aside.
Combine sugar and remaining ingredients; stir until well blended. Just before serving, pour over cabbage mixture; toss gently.
Hot Tempered Baby Back Ribs with Sweet Guava Glaze