Pork is stir-fried with peppers, carrots, onions and pineapple in this version of the classic dish. Easy to make, and delicious.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chunked
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
Blend cornstarch and soy sauce in small bowl; stir in pork until well coated.
Brown pork in hot oil in Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in 1/4 cup water. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir carrots, onion, bell pepper and sweet & sour sauce into pork mixture. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
Add pineapple chunks; cook and stir only until pineapple is heated through.