Lots of interesting stuff in this marinated zucchini salad. Onion soup mix, white wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, chopped veggies, sliced zucchini, and time in the fridge to mingle and chill. Six generous servings.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 7 small zucchinis, thinly sliced
In a mixing bowl, soak onion soup mix in wine vinegar. Let stand 5 minutes.
Combine the onion soup mixture with the sugar, salt, pepper, oil, cider vinegar, bell pepper, celery and zucchini. Chill 4 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Drain off any extra liquid before serving.