Delicious chocolate layer cake that melts in your mouth.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar.
Stir butter just to soften, and add to flour mixture. Add 1 cup milk until all flour is dampened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed, or 300 vigorous strokes by hand.
Add to the flour mixture eggs, vanilla, melted chocolate, food coloring, and remaining 1/4 cup milk. Beat 1 minute in mixer, or 150 strokes by hand. Line the bottoms of two 9 inch round cake pans with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool.
Frost with Chocolate Torte Frosting when completely cooled.