Bite-sized pieces of round steak are sauteed with onions, then simmered with celery and green pepper in marinara sauce with red wine. Serve over egg noodles.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 pound round steak, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (16 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
Dredge steak in flour, salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet on medium high heat. Add oil to hot pan. Add meat and saute until browned. Stir in onion and saute. Stir in marinara sauce and wine and bring to boil. Add celery and green pepper; stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
Heat a large pot of water to a boil and cook noodles until al dente. Remove from heat and drain.
Serve meat sauce over noodles.