Sliced sirloin is marinated in soy sauce spiced with red pepper and garlic, then stir fried with broccoli, onion, water chestnuts and peanuts.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into bite size strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 small onions, cut into wedges
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup peanuts
Toss beef with soy sauce, cornstarch, crushed red pepper and garlic in non-metal bowl. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes.
Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir fry beef until no longer pink, 5 minutes. Stir in broccoli, onions and water chestnuts; cook 2 minutes. Pour in broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in peanuts, cook one minute more, and serve.