Bring the spicy-hot flavors of the Szechwan province of China to your table tonight - sausage seasoned with this authentic blend of chile peppers, garlic and ginger, then wrapped in lettuce. This savory main dish is ready in minutes.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound turkey sausage
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Szechwan Seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or light soy sauce
- 1 head Bibb or iceberg lettuce, leaves separated, rinsed and drained
In large skillet, cook sausage in oil with Szechwan seasoning until well browned, stirring to break meat into small pieces.
Add water chestnuts, carrots, green onions, walnuts and sherry. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
To eat, spoon about 1/2 cup sausage mixture into center of each lettuce leaf, fold up and tuck in the edges (like a fajita).