The whole family will enjoy this taco casserole consisting of ground beef, tomatoes and sour cream, then seasoned with taco seasoning. It's all layered with corn tortilla chips and Colby and Monterey Jack cheeses, then baked until the cheeses are melted a
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (18 ounce) package corn tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and drain fat. Add the diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, water, sour cream and taco seasoning mix. Let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
In the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish, place a layer of tortilla chips. Cover with a layer of the meat mixture then a layer of cheese. Repeat this process until the last layer is cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.