This is a low fat and deliciously filling meal with lots of flavor . Serve with crusty bread and a tossed green salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds top round steak, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a small bowl roll beef strips in the taco seasoning until coated. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. Saute beef and garlic until beef is no longer pink; about 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Mix together in skillet the cooked pasta, black beans, salsa and water; cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Combine with beef in a large bowl and serve sprinkled with cilantro.