We love refried beans and this dip has lots. Said beans are spread into a pan, then slathered with spicy sour cream and salsa. Tomatoes, lettuce, onions and olives come next, with a sprinkling of Cheddar cheese on the top. Serve with chips and dip in.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 3 (16 ounce) cans vegetarian refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped black olives
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
Place the beans in the bottom of one 9x13 inch clear glass dish.
In a medium bowl combine the sour cream with the taco seasoning. Spread mixture over the beans. Spread the salsa over the top of the sour cream. Top the sour cream with a layer of lettuce, tomatoes, onions and olives. Sprinkle cheese over the top and serve.