A baked taco-style lasagna with layers of corn tortillas, salsa, seasoned ground beef and sour cream Topped with Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 (1.25 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 18 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (24 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, then season with taco seasoning, garlic, cayenne pepper, chili powder and water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Place 6 tortillas into the prepared baking dish. Spread 1/3 of the salsa on top of the tortillas. Spread 1/2 of the meat mixture evenly over the salsa. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the green onions. Drop 1/2 of the sour cream randomly over the green onions. Top with 1/2 cup Cheddar and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat layers. Top with 6 tortillas, spread with remaining salsa, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until cheeses are melted.