Envision a thick taco brimming with chopped tomatoes, ground beef, lettuce, and lots of shredded cheese. You'll have a pretty good idea of what this nifty salad will be like. Except this one you top with a Catalina dressing. Refrigerate overnight and enjo
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ounces crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup French dressing
Place hamburger in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown and drain. Add taco seasoning mix and prepare as directed by package. Set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, onions, bell pepper, cheese, beef, tomatoes and tortilla chips. Add enough dressing to coat, mix well and refrigerate overnight.