This is a robust and yummy taco salad. Lots of beans in this one - pinto and kidney - as well as avocado. Toss with corn chips and a Catalina dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 16 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocados - peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package corn chips
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina salad dressing
Prepare the ground beef as directed by taco seasoning package and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the beef mixture, lettuce, red onion, green onion, pinto beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, avocado and cheese. Mix well.
Before serving, add the corn chips and enough dressing to coat. Mix well and serve immediately.