This is a great dish for pot-lucks. It's easy, and can be made in advance. Add dressing just before serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 (14.5 ounce) package nacho-flavor tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle ranch-style salad dressing
Place hamburger in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown, and drain. Add taco seasoning mix and prepare as directed by package. Set aside to cool.
Crush chips into bite-size pieces and add to a large bowl along with the meat, cheese, beans, tomatoes, lettuce, and green onions. Pour dressing over all and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.