Kidney and pinto beans are added to a mixture of ground beef, onions, and green peppers cooked with packets of taco seasoning and ranch dressing in this tomato-based soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
In a medium sized stock pot, brown ground beef in oil. Add undrained pinto beans, undrained kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, green bell pepper, taco seasoning mix and ranch salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until heated through.