I got this recipe from my Aunt Sandy and it is delicious! Plan ahead, because this recipe needs to chill overnight.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks - drained with juice reserved
- 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups roasted Spanish peanuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tart apples - peeled, cored and chopped
Combine the pineapple chunks and marshmallows. Mix together, cover and refrigerate overnight.
In a medium saucepan, stir together the pineapple juice, egg, flour, vinegar and sugar over medium low heat. Cook and stir sauce until thickened. Transfer to a medium sized bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
In a large bowl, blend together the marshmallow mix and sauce. Stir in the peanuts, whipped topping and apples. Refrigerate until serving time.