Miniature marshmallows, peanuts, apples and pineapple chunks are folded into a sweet vinegar and pineapple juice dressing, and then stirred into a nice whipped topping. Makes eight generous servings.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 5 apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping
In a large bowl, combine drained pineapple chunks with marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
In a medium saucepan, whisk together the reserved pineapple juice, flour, vinegar and sugar. Heat until mixture boils and thickens. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Before serving, mix together the marshmallow mixture, pineapple juice mixture, apples and peanuts. Gently fold in whipped topping and serve.