Pineapple, Spanish peanuts and lots of chopped apples are folded into whipped topping and a nice, thick cooked pineapple juice dressing. Chill for an hour and serve to twelve for dessert.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped red apple
- 1 1/2 cups raw Spanish peanuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Drain Pineapple juice into medium saucepan. Combine pineapple chunks and marshmallows into bowl and refrigerate.
Add vinegar, sugar, egg and flour to pineapple juice; mix well. Cook over medium heat until thick. Remove from heat and refrigerate until chilled.
Combine juice mixture with pineapple and marshmallows. Add apples, peanuts and whipped topping. Mix well and chill before serving.