Miniature marshmallows, peanuts, apples and pineapple chunks are folded into a sweet vinegar and pineapple juice dressing, and then folded into a nice whipped topping. Makes eight generous servings.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 cups diced apple without peel
- 1 cup chopped Spanish peanuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Mix together the pineapple and marshmallows; set aside.
In a saucepan, combine the reserved pineapple syrup, sugar, flour, egg and vinegar. Mix together well and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
Add the whipped topping, pineapple mixture, apples and 3/4 cup peanuts. Mix together well and refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle top with extra 1/4 cup peanuts.