Canned beef tamales are cut into chunks and combined in a casserole with onion, cheese, tortilla chips and (beanless) chili. These are baked for 40 to 45 minutes.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beef tamales
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili without beans
- 1 tablespoon water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Unwrap tamales and cut into thick chunks. Place a portion of the chopped tamales in the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Then layer the onions, cheese, tortilla chips and chili without beans.
Repeat this until all ingredients are used, topping off with cheese and chips. Then sprinkle with the water.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 45 minutes.