Mushrooms and crawfish, simmered in half and half with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Seasoned with crushed red pepper and Creole seasoning. Serve over fettuccini noodles.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound frozen raw crawfish
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole-style seasoning
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat butter and olive oil together. Saute garlic powder and mushrooms until mushrooms are tender; about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add crawfish and onions. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in Parmesan cheese, parsley, and half and half. Simmer for 5 minutes and stir in crushed red pepper and Creole seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste.