Here's chicken salad with a delicious twist: blue cheese and corn.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 12 ounces ready-to-eat roasted skinned, boned chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped smoked ham (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Red onion slices (optional)
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Arrange lettuce and next 4 ingredients (lettuce through corn) evenly among 4 serving plates. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons dressing; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Garnish with red onion slices, if desired.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 246 (33% from fat); FAT 9g (sat 2.7g, mono 4.2g, poly 1.0g); PROTEIN 26.4g; CARB 15g; FIBER 3.3g; CHOL 65mg; IRON 2.7mg; SODIUM 769mg; CALC 84mg