A sweet and tangy mixture of chicken with peaches, apricots and pistachios. Indian curry powder and garam masala can be added for an even more exotic flavor. Serve with plain or basmati rice and a green vegetable for color.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 3/4 pound skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained, juice reserved
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can apricot halves, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar, or to taste
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Place the chicken thighs in a shallow baking dish. Drain the peaches and apricots, reserving the juice in a small bowl. Stir the vinegar into the juice, and adjust the amount to taste if necessary. Season with curry powder and garam masala and stir to blend. Arrange the peaches and apricots around the chicken thighs, and pour the flavored syrup over all. Sprinkle the pistachios on top.
Bake uncovered for 1 hour in the preheated oven, until sauce has thickened and chicken juices run clear.