This BBQ sauce uses tomato soup as it 's base. Brown sugar, Worcestershire, lemon juice, a bit of vegetable oil, garlic, and thyme, are stirred up and brushed onto the steak while grilling. Makes six generous servings.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
Preheat grill for medium heat.
In a small bowl, mix together soup, sugar, lemon juice, oil, Worcestershire, garlic powder, and thyme.
Place steak on lightly oiled grill rack over medium hot heat. Grill for 6 to 10 minutes, uncovered, turning once. Brush often with soup mixture. When done, allow to rest a few moments off the heat.
Transfer any remaining sauce to a small saucepan, and heat to boiling. Serve with steak.