The traditional recipe minus 31% of the calories thanks to EQUAL®. These bars are tangy and rich in flavor, but not in fat or calories. No need to feel guilty after eating one!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Equal® Spoonful*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold stick butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Equal® Spoonful**
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
Combine flour, 1/3 cup Equal® Spoonful* and salt in medium bowl. Cut in 6 tablespoons butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon lemon peel and vanilla; mix with hands to form dough. Press dough evenly on bottom and 1/4-inch up sides of 8-inch square baking pan. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Beat eggs and 3/4 cup Equal® Spoonful**; mix in lemon juice, 4 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon lemon peel. Pour mixture into baked pastry.
Bake until lemon filling is set, about 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
* May substitute 8 packets Equal® sweetener
** May substitute 18 packets Equal® sweetener