A spicy version of the traditional pumpkin soup. Very tasty, quick and easy! A family favorite. Serve with crusty bread for dipping.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
In a food processor or blender, puree the green chilies and sour cream until well blended. Set aside. In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, and water. Season with chili powder, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup of the sour cream mixture.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Pour into serving bowls, and spoon a dollop of the sour cream mixture on top. Run a knife or the tip of a spoon through the dollop to swirl.