Very simple to make, and the meat can be simmered right in the sauce for maximum flavor. A super southern style sauce perfect for either pork or beef ribs.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
In a large saucepan or stock pot, mix together the apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic and black pepper. Simmer over medium heat for at least 15 minutes. Use as a basting sauce, or add beef or pork ribs, and simmer for 1 hour, or until the meat falls off the bone.