Boneless, simmering short ribs broiled then thrown in the oven. Easy as 1-2-3. Hubby LOVES this dish and whines when I don't make it. If you like LOTS of sauce double the liquid amounts. Great for indoor cooking nights....
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 pounds boneless beef short ribs, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Preheat the oven broiler.
Place ribs on a rack in a broiler pan, and broil on top oven rack 15 minutes, or until well browned. Remove from heat, and transfer to a baking dish. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the tomato sauce, tomato juice, onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Season with cinnamon, cloves, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour over the ribs in the baking dish.
Bake ribs in the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven 45 minutes, or until meat pulls apart easily with a fork and reaches a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).