Blend pungent ingredients--like Kalamata olives, anchovies and capers--to a tasty paste ...perfect with pita, crudite or crackers.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups whole, pitted kalamata olives
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Combine garlic, olives, anchovies, capers, thyme, rosemary and lemon juice in an electric blender. Slowly drip the olive oil into the blender while you are blending the ingredients together. Blend until a paste is formed.