Chicken is cooked in a spicy seasoned tomato sauce, and served over rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (14 ounce) jar chunky pasta sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) jar mild picante sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 3 cups water
In a large pot over medium-low heat, mix the pasta sauce, picante sauce, tomatoes, tomato paste, and Parmesan cheese. Season with oregano, thyme, parsley, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
Place the chicken in a separate pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 25 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.
Transfer chicken to the pot with the sauce mixture. Cover, and cook on low 1 hour.
In a separate pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve the chicken and sauce over the cooked rice.