Cubed chicken, yogurt, sour cream, chives, and of course, tarragon. Just before serving, toss on a handful of toasted almonds.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons blanched slivered almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, chives or green onions, yogurt, sour cream or mayonnaise, and tarragon; mix lightly. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Place nuts in a dry skillet. Toast over medium heat, turning frequently, until nuts are fragrant and lightly browned. Add almonds to chicken salad, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.