A light and tangy stuffing. This recipe makes enough to stuff one 14 pound turkey with leftovers to bake on the side. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 10 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups sherry
Melt the butter with the minced scallions. Combine the melted butter with the bread crumbs, tarragon, parsley, salt and ground pepper. Add sherry or giblet stock to desired moistness (2 cups is usually plenty).
Pack stuffing into bird's cavity. Remove stuffing promptly once bird is cooked. Alternately you can bake the stuffing in a large casserole dish at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour 20 minutes.