This recipe is easy, tasty, and sweet. It's packed with sesame seeds, nuts and dates in a sweet cardamom dough. You are gonna love it.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch square baking pan.
In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, honey, eggs, vanilla and cardamom with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Use a spoon to stir in sesame seeds, dates, and walnuts. Gradually mix in flour until well blended. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until set. Cool in the pan for a few minutes, then cut into 16 squares, and dust with confectioners' sugar.