Seitan has a firm, meat-like texture, and can be cooked the same way. It tastes great prepared any way, but I love it most when breaded and seasoned. Can be served with rice and veggies, mashed potatoes, or with a side of pasta.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package seitan
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a small bowl, combine nutritional yeast, garlic powder, coriander, cumin, and black pepper. Dip seitan in tamari, then in the yeast and spice mixture. Set aside.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry seitan in batches until browned on all sides.