This recipe makes 2 pies and is a complete meal in itself! Ground beef onion, potatoes and carrots - all sealed in with a topping of pie crust!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and chopped onion until meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain off excess fat. Stir in the vegetable beef and cream of mushroom soups, the potatoes and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Divide filling between 2 - 9 inch pie plates.
Roll pastry to fit the top of each pie. Cover each pie and cut slits in top to allow steam to escape.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.