A quick and tasty spaghetti sauce. I make it for my family all the time, and they love it. Spoon sauce generously over spaghetti noodles. Best served with generous portions of garlic toast.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon crushed bay leaf
Place ground beef in a non-stick wok, or large deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until evenly brown. Drain excess fat. Add onion, and cook until soft and translucent. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in garlic, tomato paste, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Season with thyme, basil, rosemary, marjoram and bay leaf. Cover, and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.