Marinate boiled cheese tortellini in a delectable blend of red wine vinegar, olive oil and Dijon mustard seasoned with garlic, fresh basil, parsley and green onions. Chill thoroughly and serve as appetizers or toss with crunchy veggies in a salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup black olives
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Cook tortellini according to package directions--al dente.
While tortellini is cooking, prepare marinade. Combine vinegar, mustard, garlic, basil, chopped parsley, onions, and salt and pepper to taste.
Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water. Pour marinade over tortellini, add olives (and optional ingredients, see above) and refrigerate. When ready to serve, add Parmesan and some fresh parsley for garnish, if desired. Serve with toothpicks.