For those of you unable to make it to south Texas, A shrimp cocktail made Tex Mex style to include cilantro and chile serrano for that authentic flavor that will blow your tastebuds away, without leaving your home!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, chilled
- 1/2 large cucumber, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 large tomato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 lime
In a large bowl, combine shrimp, cucumber, tomato, green onion, cilantro, and serrano pepper. Stir in tomato sauce, and vinegar. Squeeze lime juice over mixture.
This shrimp cocktail will have a chunky, slightly soupy consistency.