Tempeh is sauteed with soy sauce, lime juice and lots of veggies including green bell peppers and spinach. Chopped green chile peppers and cilantro add a fresh kick. Serve with tortillas, refried beans and rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chile peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute tempeh with soy sauce and lime juice until tempeh browns. Stir in bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach, chile peppers, cilantro and dried onion.
Increase heat to medium-high and cook until fluids have reduced, stirring occasionally.